99% of all consumers check their email daily! Only 80% of retail professionals say that email marketing is their best customer retention vehicle. Less than 90% of marketers nurture their audience with email campaigns.
It is easy to see why list-building is key to businesses with those numbers. It also takes a lot of time and work. As a business owner, you wear several hats every day, so now we’re telling you to add another hat to a list of things to do that never ends.
5 Email Tips for Building an Email List:
- The checkout process is the easiest method, yet few companies utilize this tool. For a business with a storefront, the checkout process should include asking for an email. Inform the customer that they will get coupon and sales notifications not available to the general public with their email.
- Use social media and post a form giving followers the opportunity to opt-in to receiving emails from your business. Make it a short form that takes a minute to complete.
- If you already have a frequent shopper or loyalty program, you probably have email addresses already. Add them to your primary email list, include an opt-out option, and follow through with the opt-out process.
- Partnering up with other local businesses, plugging each other’s business will bring you both more customers.
- Every page of your website should have an opt-in form at the bottom, even the home page. Or you can try static opt-in forms in the margin or a pop-up box. Try them both and see which one gets the most response. Or change them out once a month.
AN EXTRA TIP: Add a P.S. at the bottom of your email that will build the reader’s anticipation of what’s on the horizon!
You want your email marketing to give you the highest ROI possible that other marketing techniques haven’t. With a robust list and content that subscribers will anticipate with eagerness, your business will grow!