With all the methods and ways that have been invented to build up customer loyalty and increase business, email marketing still remains to be the best way. Why? Easily accessible. Easily affordable. The one downside to it working: You have to use it! If you are interested in how email marketing can work for your business, contact Quantus Creative and let us create an email marketing roadmap.
Local businesses generate over $40 for every $1 they spend on email marketing. Welcome emails alone generate over 300% revenue. With that attention grabbing information, we offer the following pointers that will guide you around the pitfalls:
Build Your Email List
Like anything, it is best to start from the beginning: Subscribers. Without them, there is no email list, so how can you attract subscribers?
- Simple Opt-In Form: Don’t overcomplicate your email form. Avoid the unnecessary fields that your sales staff can complete when they contact them. A name and a method of contact is really all you need.
- A Unique CTA: Don’t go with the basic “subscribe” button. “YES!” is always an eye catcher.
- A Lead Magnet: A lead magnet is needed to entice visitors to sign up for your email list. This can be a cheat sheet, reports, or templates.
- Multiple Opt-in Forms: Making it enticing and easy is the goal for building your email subscription list.
- Encourage Subscription: A lightbox or pop-up draws attention and encourages subscriptions.
- Ask people to subscribe when they check out. The cash register is the ideal place to gather email addresses. Let’s face it – somebody who’s already bought from you is an ideal subscriber!
Making the Most
Now that you have built a robust subscriber list, make the most of it!
- Commitment: Make it a goal to email these subscribers once a week, even it if is just a sweet and short newsletter about your business.
- Social Media: There is a good chance that you have social media followers that you aren’t aware of. Post your newsletter will let them know what’s going on and entice them to contact you.
- Simple Emails: Your email newsletter needs to be easy to ready, optional links for the reader to get more information.
- Mobile Users: Keep your emails easy for mobile users, not everyone is at a computer when they check their email.
Retain Your Subscribers
Now that you have subscribers, you need to keep them! A few tips:
- Send a Welcome Email: Welcome emails generate! We’ve already mentioned how much business a welcome email can generate, don’t forget that! Give new subscribers something they can resist, BOGO or whatever works for your industry.
- A Welcome Series: Nothing is more enticing than a welcome series that hints at bigger and better things are to come!
There is a reason that email marketing is as lucrative as it has been! Even the “youngsters” in business, aka Millennials and Gen Z, prefer email. They have learned to appreciate the affordability and ease of email, and you should too!